Sunday, December 23, 2018

One Thousand, Seven Hundred, and Ninety-Two Pieces

That's how many triangles are in my Depression Blocks quilt. But I'm happy to say that all the blocks are done now, so my December One Monthly Goal is complete. Whoo-hoo, Yee-haw, and Hallelujah! It's on my design wall now, but in a few minutes I am going to pack up the blocks until next year when it will become my first OMG (One Monthly Goal).



I just noticed that I didn't post my weekly goals last Sunday. One was to finish the Depression blocks, which I did. Another was to finish the clamshell wallhanging, which I didn't do. I have taken it apart twice and it still isn't what I want. I'm just about ready to throw it in the trash. After watching a couple of videos and seeing a couple of blog tutorials, I've changed the way I'm doing the clamshells a couple of times. On the very last row, I finally found a method that worked for me and kept the rows straight.  Yeah, last row.  There may be more at the top though.  Stay turned.  Oh, and I also added their cat.



My goals for next week are pretty small, because I plan to spend more time playing with grandsons than quilting. In fact, I only have two goals:
1. Work on the clamshell wall hanging (which was supposed to be a Christmas gift.)
2. Work on EPP (English Paper Piecing) stars.

I thought I was done with my Christmas shopping, but after talking to my daughter, I need to go find something else for each of the boys. And my mother-in-law says she is desperate for clothes, so we'll try to find some shopping time in the next two days, maybe first thing in the morning or right before closing. Maybe the crowds won't be too bad then. Oh, did I mention the store we have to go to? Walmart! Walmart on Christmas Eve. Eeek!

I am actually excited to say that I have sewn every day this week, and every day this month. I know it's going to be hard to keep it up during Christmas, but I'm determined to have my first ever 100% month. That increased my yearly success rate to 44%. Not exciting, but better to be going up than going down.

Working on scrappy projects has not done wonders for my stash. On the good side, I didn't add to the stash this week, but on the bad side, I didn't decrease it either. Maybe next week if I get to make a backing or binding, or something.

Join me at these two linky parties to see how others have done with their stash and sewing time:
15 Minute Challenge at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts
One Monthly Goal December Finishes at Elm Street Quilts

14 comments:

  1. Love that the clam shell wall hanging, it's very fun and cute. Fingers crossed that you can manage Walmart the day before Christmas. My Guy says we need on more gift, I said he's on his own. I'm not stepping foot in a store today! Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? Walmart wasn't bad at all. It was crowded and lots of screaming in the toy aisles, but we didn't even have to wait in line at the self check.

      Delete
  2. Love the clamshell creatures!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's definitely a learning curve for me, but I think I've got the hang of it now.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you stuck with your clam shell project! It's quite pretty! Congratulations on finishing your blocks! That will be a very lovely quilt! It's looks like a queen size maybe? Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've stuck with the clamshell so far, but it is still inches from the trash can. lol Yes, the Depression Blocks will make a queen quilt.

      Delete
  4. Firstly thanks for visiting my blog. Your Depression blocks are amazing, so many pieces! I have just tried clamshells once and not my thing but your clamshell pattern is darling. No, don't let the trash can get it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love the Depression Blocks too and can't wait to get started on them again. I'm afraid the clamshells aren't my thing either. I'm going to try to finish it, but I may have ruined it already.

      Delete
  5. Is'n't it satisfying to finally finish a project that's been on the go for such a long time? All those depression blocks together are stunning! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, it feels great. Now if I can just get the quilt put together quickly and get it to a long arm quilter, I'll really be happy.

      Delete
  6. Your blocks looks wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The rows should go together easily after this. Famous last words, I know. lol

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your OMG! I really love the look of your Depression blocks.
    We shopped at Walmart too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to finish it. I guess it was just you, me, and several thousand people at Walmart. lol

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.