Saturday, December 29, 2018

Last Sunday Stitching Reports of 2018

I meant to make a Christmas Day post wishing everyone a happy holiday. But we spent Christmas Eve frantically packing and tying up loose ends so we could leave early Christmas morning for a twelve hour drive to our youngest daughter's house. Our son-in-law was working and our eldest daughter wanted to spend Christmas day at home with her boys. It didn't bother us to postpone our celebration a few days. We rediscovered that driving on Christmas day is the same as Thanksgiving day. The only places open were convenience stores, and only a handful of those had an adjoining restaurant that was open. Luckily, we had tossed in a package of bread and vienna sausage (which I have said I would never eat again, but hunger does funny things to people.)

I thought about taking my EPP (English paper piecing) kit, but I grabbed an unfinished cross stitch project instead. I can't even remember when I started this; it's been years. I stayed up late the night before, so I spent the drive up there reading and napping, and looking at the beautiful Arkansas scenery. Once there, I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to find any time to stitch. Brownie's boys are a couple of whirling dervishes, and having a needle and thread near them would be a disaster. But they had long naps and went to bed early, so there was time to get quite a bit of work done.



With that project, I maintained my 100% success rate for December and raised my year's rate to 45%. Two more days of December and I should end December with 100%. First. Time. Ever. My yearly goal for 2019 is 70%, but if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to be too disappointed. This year has taught me that goals should be flexible.

Since I spent the majority of this week cross-stitching, my stash has remained static. Nothing in and nothing out. Next year, I want to make headway reducing my existing stash, not just using what I bring in. I am going to have to spend some time making sure I have unpacked all my fabric before the start of 2019.

I forgot to put my weekly goals in this post, and since that really seems to help me, I'm adding this late:
1. Join Depression Blocks into 2 rows.
2. Lovers Knot Blocks, make 1 red
3. Pond Lily, make 1 red
4. Snowball Blossom, make 1 red

Join me as I link to these linky parties for Sunday stitching:
15 Minutes to Stitch at Life in Pieces
Sunday Stash at QuiltPaintCreate
Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy's Quilts

8 comments:

  1. Your photo at Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday caught my eye! That little cottage looks so welcoming and warm! I'm glad you got some stitching time in! Yes, goals are flexible....there's a saying that perhaps you've heard? We make plans and God laughs - or something to that effect! Take good care and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard that one, and it's probably true. Sometimes it's hard to let it all go and just follow. I try to make goals to keep from just running in place, but if they don't work out, that's ok too. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a long trip on short notice. Glad you found time to stitch over the holiday. Good luck with your plans to get all your stash out and ready to use or at lease peruse. Have a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a quick trip, but so nice to have everyone together again if only for a few days. I wish I knew an easy way to find my fabric. When we were moving, I labeled a lot of things "Fabric" to keep the valuable things from being stolen from storage if it was broken into. That's coming back to bite me now.

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your time with your daughter and her family. Your cross stitch is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, we had a nice time together though not nearly long enough. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a great Christmas. My mother used to put Vienna Sausages in our scrambled eggs for Christmas breakfast. I think of it every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds pretty good actually. A little picante sauce too, and you have a old fashioned Tex-Mex breakfast!

      Delete

Your comments make my day and I look forward to visiting your blog too! If you are a no-reply blogger and don't have your blog on your profile, could you write it in your comment so I can visit you? Thanks! Due to a recent spamming problem, comments with advertising links and unidentified anonymous comments will be deleted.